Article Revision: 1.11
There are many gamers in this world who argues at their system or sluggish gameplay (online) instead of trying to fix their problems before playing. So, to put it straight, you got to STOP playing, think about your problem and flip it around.
Here is my bite size tutorial. Read it. Do something about it!
When playing games, there are 3 types of ‘Lag’ you should know about. This can be broken down into categories:
1.] Video Lag – for those who likes to play modern games with a desktop / laptop build that is considered dreadful or outdated, the system might randomly stutter, freeze often and bottleneck other components without warning. This can be related to CPU (computer processor), GPU (graphics card), BIOS configuration, Memory and whatever hits your thick skull.
To resolve this problem, you must…
- Upgrade your system hardware, memory, hard drive and other components to achieve better performance.
- Download the latest drivers from the official site. But, don’t play dirty and use 3rd party drivers. That will cause some game to glitch, stutter frequently or trigger BSOD without warning. Also, for best performance, you may want to adjust / enable / disable: Anti-Aliasing, Adaptive Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering to your specification. The setup is entirely up to you…
- GPU Driver Optimization -
** Enable Triple Buffering (renders 1 front buffer and 2 back buffers)
** VSYNC: ON (enable) + Adaptive (if possible to stop tearing)
* Catalyst Ai: Standard (ATi Radeon Only)
* Power Management: Max performance
* Transparency Anti-Aliasing – Multisampling (Nvidia Only)
* Adaptive Anti-Aliasing: ON ~Performance (ATi Radeon Only)
* Gamma Correction Aliasing: OFF (Nvidia Only)
- Configure Windows 7 OS to “High Performance” and set Minimum / Maximum processor state accordingly.
- If you’re going to use SSD drive, please disable ‘Superfetch’ and set ‘System Defrag (Services)’ to manual. But, as a precaution, don’t you ever disable ‘System Defrag (Services) – its part of Windows!
- Close background application, such as Skype, Yahoo Widgets, iTunes and FRAPS (Recording Application). Also, for better experience, close all web-browser, flash based application and P2P application like uTorrent. These will drag your gaming experience to a crawl and clog your system resources.
- If you want to disable multiple background services, why don’t you try “AKAP (Auto Kill Any Process)” and see how it goes? All you have to do is find unnecessary processes and create a list for the application. After that, you can click ‘KILL NOW!’ and continue with your task ~Simple!
- If you want to shutdown unnecessary ‘Autorun (Startup Program)’, then use “Glary Utility” software and give your system more room to breath. You can find the utility under: “Modules >> Startup Manager.”
- Defrag your HDD / SSD manually if you haven’t done it. I would recommend you to perform this task once per month. It’s not that hard…
- Avoid Antivirus / Anti-Spyware / Firewall that is resource-hog and heavy for the system. You really don’t want this problem pressing you down.
Avoid These Software
Norton Anti-Virus + Firewall
Norton 360 Security Suite
BitDefender Anti-Virus + Firewall
Avast Anti-Virus + Firewall
ZoneAlarm Antivirus + Firewall
McAfee Antivirus + Firewall
Trend Micro Internet Security Suite
Recommend By Others
Kaspersky Anti-Virus + Firewall
Filseclab Personal Firewall
PC Tools Firewall
Disable Windows 7 Aero
By default, if you got a decent GPU and specific hardware for Windows 7 OS (Professional & Above), it will immediately be set as “active” by Windows System. To disable “Aero” and free extra resources, the user must “Right Click: Desktop >> Personalize >> Scroll Down & Look For: Windows 7 Basic.”
2.] Input Lag – there are many things that can interfere with your gaming experience and device input (keyboard, mouse, gaming controller). This could be link to poor quality build, poor driver support and signal interference which is capable of dropping connections, or, interrupt device input while playing online games.
To resolve this problem, you must…
- Avoid using “Non-Powered USB HUB” and “Poor Quality” products from 3rd party vendors. My second suggestion is to check the package description and other information (online) just before buying a product! Also, don’t forget to check the product for “High Speed 2.0 / 3.0” compatibility!
Recommended Brands (Amazon)
D-Link, Uspeed, LUPO Hi-Speed
- Avoid buying shabby / knock-off controllers! Most of them are unlicensed, provides poor quality build and driver support. This also includes un-branded products. So, please do check the actual products before buying. Also, don’t forget to check your devices connection. Who knows? Your connection could be slacky or faulty?
Recommended Brands (Amazon)
Microsoft Xbox 360 – PC, Logitech, Razer Tech, Cyborg R.A.T, Thermaltake, Corsair, ASUS, SteelSeries
- Wireless devices, such as Tablet PC, Mobile Phones, Microwave Oven (Unlikely), Radio Signal, they may generate RF interference, cause random disconnection and negative response (delay instruction from controllers) when playing such a good game. To avoid this problem, you got to make sacrifices and switch off your phone, disable Bluetooth devices, utilize usb gaming devices instead of wireless. However, it will only apply if you can’t afford quality devices.
- If you have many things connected through the USB ports, please disconnect or turn-off your external devices. This can either be printer, scanner, webcam, usb storage devices or drawing tablet (if you are not designing). If you’re using a laptop, you can keep your wireless dongle intact and cooling pads running.
- Update your drivers and stay – up – to – date! Most of the programmers will improve their devices overtime. They may also improve gaming performance, fix numerous bugs and release better drivers for everyone!
- Got a problem with your monitor? Why don’t you look for a better monitor that supports S-IPS / LED panel (Panel Type), HDMI Output, shorter response time (2 ms) and possibly – higher refresh rate? If you already have a monitor like this, then check your cable or socket connection. Who knows? You may be using poor quality HDMI cables which are not design to protect / shield against high / low RF interference.
3.] Latency is another terms which refers to several kinds of delays and the amount of time the router / system takes for the HOST server to receive / process / request data. Nevertheless, it’s also the amount of latency and how far away the router / system are from the server.
First, I would suggest you to check your ping statistic. If your ping statistic is above 200ms, then you may have a problem with your ISP provider or Wireless Router.
- If you are running P2P application, watching YouTube videos or chatting on Skype, please do yourself a favor and flip the switch. You really don’t want problems when you’re playing online. Simple as that!
- For those who have an old wireless router, just save yourself the hassle and grab a better one for the house. My biggest suggestion is to go for the best – if you have the budget to invest on a brand-new “Wireless N” dual-band / triple-band. This type of router will increase your web experience, gaming experience and help maintain latency, ping and reduce lag.
Recommended Wireless Routers
ASUS, D-Link, Netgear
- Wireless N 150MBPS ~ 300MBPS
- Supports 20MHz / 40MHz Channels
- Dual / Triple Band Connection
- 2.4GHz Bandwidth (5GHz possibility?)
- Take advantage of DNS services like OpenDNS, Comodo DNS and Google DNS! By using these providers, it will speed up internet connection, browsing experience and improve security against suspicious attack.
Open DNS (Recommended)
ScrubIt DNS (Recommended)
1.] When you’re playing online for a while, you may encounter high – latency or lag. This problem is normally cause by the server – not your router and your connection. Therefore, you can’t do much about it.
2.] If you encounter lag or delay at specific time, then I would urge you to record the time and avoid playing at that time. High traffic hours will cause more problems if you are not careful.
3.] For those who prefer placing their wireless router downstairs, they may want to check their internet connection. This is crucial if the user wants to play online wirelessly without getting disconnected from the router and receiver. However, if the user does encounter this problem, then be prepare to look for a “Powerline Adaptor (Starter Kit)” and use that to bypass thick walls, obstruction, doors and avoid RF interference.
For more information about this product, I would suggest you to look at “Develo Adaptor, TP-Link Adaptor and Netgear Adaptor.” You can find these product at Amazon online store.
Copyrighted By Lair360
If you want to refine the basics just before using iTunes, then why don’t you read this tutorial?
1.] For those who would like to re-download / update various ‘apps, music, books or films’, just click “iTunes Store” and look for the “Purchased” icon. From there, you may check for updates and see exactly what you have on the computer.
2.] If you download a lot of stuff from the store and would like to check your history or transaction. All you need to do is click on your ‘email address’ (Store Account), type the password and look for ‘Purchase History’.
3.] For those who have multiple devices, you may want to disable ‘Auto Sync’ feature just before charging / connecting devices. If you don’t perform this task, other devices which are NOT registered with iTunes will erase your library, apps, books and other downloadable contents without warning.
- Look for ‘Preferences’ tab, select ‘Devices’ and mark this option: “Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically”…
4.] If you want to create a new library or use an existing library, then you will need to hold ‘Shift + iTunes’. The dialogue box will explain everything.
Copyrighted By Lair360
For those who already / had purchased a digital copy of ‘Windows 7’ (Any Version) and found out that you haven’t got a backup disk, then don’t worry too much, because, there is a utility for anybody to convert their Windows 7 Install disk to ‘Universal OS’ install disk as backup for emergency situation. Nevertheless, it will also come in-handy if you ever want to upgrade or prefer installing other version of Windows 7 without swapping disk.
Now, before you start this tutorial, you must first download ‘ImgBurn’ to convert physical DVD to ISO format. Once you install this application, you must select ‘Create image file from disk’.
When you have a copy of ‘Windows 7 Install Disk’ as *ISO format, please direct yourself to the given link to remove ‘ei.cfg’ from the correspondent ISO file ~SIMPLE AS PIE!
Finally, you may burn (aka~ transfer) your modified ISO file to DVD for later use or backup purposes. It’s your decision…
Enjoy your NEW Windows 7 Disk!
Working on the IPAD and trying to organize many project / apps with the official iOS system is a pain in the backside. Even worse, the system will limit your workflow, progress and make your device useless. So, to walk around this problem, you must ‘jailbreak’ your IPAD with ‘RedSn0w’ and take advantage of Cydia utilities. However, I will not be held responsible under any circumstances if you bricked your IPAD or mess up the CORE files. It’s your device, your problem.
- This article is for education and is intended for personal use only…
Unlocked (jailbroken) IPAD devices
iFunBox – http://www.i-funbox.com
TheBigBoss – http://apt.thebigboss.org/repofiles/cydia/
Hackulo.us – http://cydia.hackulo.us/
xSellize – http://cydia.xsellize.com/
ModMyiFone – http://apt.modmyi.com/
Insanelyi – http://repo.insanelyi.com
Required – AppSync for iOS 5.0+
Reposit – Hackulo.us
If you want to install Cydia apps and ‘SBSettings’ utility, then you will need to install this first! If you don’t, then there is a chance that your apps will NOT function properly. That is your warning!
1.] SBSettings (BigBoss Apps) – this utility is very useful if you want to access various components directly without having to access your IPAD ‘Settings’ icon. Nevertheless, it will also offer better management and provide useful ‘toggle switches’ for individual user, such as: ‘Wi-Fi, 3G, EDGE, Bluetooth and Brightness’.
2.] Remove Background (BigBoss Tweaks) – if you have many apps running behind the curtain, you can easily save time and quickly remove them with this tweak. Also, for better management and direct access, don’t forget to integrate this utility if you’re using SBSettings: ‘Remove Background SBSettings (BigBoss Addons)’.
KillBackground (BigBoss Addons) – if you want to be versatile, you may want to install this utility alongside ‘Remove Background’. This will give you more control over background apps which are hidden, via ‘appswitcher’.
3.] Reset Safari for SBSettings (BigBoss Addons) – if you are using Safari browser at regular interval, then you will need this utility to clear browser caches, memory usage (safari browser only), history and web cookies.
4.] Rotation Inhibitor (BigBoss Addons) – from now on, you don’t have to access the ‘settings’ icon just to lock / unlock your screen from rotating like crazy!
5.] Airplane SBSettings Toggle (BigBoss Addons) – flying regularly and working abroad? This utility will activate / deactivate ‘Airplane’ mode directly from ‘SBSettings’.
No more haggling with the IPAD ‘settings’ icon!
6.] iCleaner (BigBoss Addons) – this utility will help you clear unnecessary files, junk files and free up those precious megabytes for your device. Also, by default, please disable: ‘Cydia Source, Unused dependencies, Filetype cleanup’, because, you seriously don’t want to mess up Cydia apps, important files or brick your IPAD beyond repair!
7.] Power Icons (BigBoss Addons) – for those who likes to reboot, shutdown or respring directly from their springboard, then get this immediately! Trust me, this utility will save you time if you’re always tweaking stuff, developing programs, installing and uninstalling apps regularly.
8.] Brightness Icons (Modmyi Addons) – this utility will place two icons on your springboard. It will allow you to control ‘screen brightness’ directly from the springboard ~simple!
9.] No Badges (BigBoss Tweaks) – for those who HATE badges and would like to trash them without hesitation, then get this app on your IPAD! Once installed, it will be hidden from view ~NO MORE BADGES!
10.] noOTA badge (BigBoss Tweaks) – if you’re really angry and you’re all OCD about shiny “RED BADGES”, then you will need to check this utility out! Once installed, it will hide those pesky update badges from your ‘settings’ icons ~Amen To That!
11.] Ringer/Silent SBSettings Toggle (Modmyi / BigBoss Addons) – this utility allows you to silent your device at predefined times when you are at a conference or meetings. From the other hand, this utility will also mute those annoying ‘clicks’ when you’re typing or browsing the NET with Safari.
12.] Volume Slider Widget (BigBoss Addons) – for those who doesn’t like to mess around with the volume button (located beside the LOCK button), then why don’t you give this utility a try? This utility will allow you to control your volume (UP / DOWN) directly from SBSettings.
Work Faster – Work Better – Work Harder!
For those who would like to ‘Synchronize’ photos and wallpaper for IPAD devices, then please read this tutorial! It’s NOT that hard…
1.] If you haven’t install / update “iTunes” to the latest version, then please do that now just before you continue with this tutorial. Also, to avoid conflict, please set your devices to ‘Manual Sync’. If you don’t, iTunes may erase your entire data or mess up your library!
Manual Sync: ‘Edit >> Preferences >> Devices >> Select: Prevent ipods, iphones, ipads from syncing automatically’.
2.] Navigate to ‘Picture’ Library by clicking: “Start >> Pictures”. Once you in that directory, create a ‘NEW Folder’ and provide a name for that folder. Also, for best practice, you may want to create ‘sub-folder’ for your new directory. This is useful if you have stacks of photos, images and wallpaper.
3.] Insert your IPAD devices and navigate: ‘Devices >> Photos >> Sync Photos From (Choose folder…)’. But, for those who want more control, you will need to highlight: ‘Selected Folders’. This will then allow you to select individual ‘sub-folders’ just before ‘Syncing’…
4.] Check your devices if they are ‘Sync’ properly. If not, check your ‘iTunes Photos Library’…
If you want extra ‘wallpaper’ for your IPAD devices, please consider downloading my costume-made wallpaper!
- FREE Wallpaper Download